We are the Minnesota chapter of the Asian American Journalists Association (named chapter of the year in 1997 and 2011).
AAJA is a nonprofit professional and educational organization with more than 1,500 members today.
AAJA serves Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders by encouraging young people to consider journalism as a career, developing managers in the media industry, and promoting fair and accurate news coverage.
Interested in joining? Click here.
Our 2013 budget:
- U of MN/AAJA Scholars: $1,000
- General Purpose: $400
- Internships: 2 at $1,000; 2,000
- UJW: $500 + 2 volunteers as needed during summer workshop
- Grants: 4 at $250; $1,000 (first-come, first-served)
- ELP Grant: $1,000 (optional; only used if MN candidate accepted)
- National board rep Expenses: $1,200
- J-Camp: $400
- TOTAL: $7,500